Monday, March 10, 2014

CHILDREN OF THE NEW DECADE


When I was 10, I had a best friend called Reemi. She was bubbly, charming, adorable and enthusiastic. We used to play and used to stay together, quite often. Each time, I used to spend with her , was memorable. Both her parents used to take us, to a play ground, next to my home. Suddenly there was a bad news, which took place. Since then the entire situation changed. The parents got divorced and the marriage fell apart. My friend then became, sad, lonely and an introvert. The beautiful smile which I used to see on her face went away.
Now, when I was 18, there was a little boy, named Rahul. The boy was 10 years and resided, next to my home. Most of the time, he seemed to be anxious. Both his parents, was busy. The little boy was left under the supervisation of the ayah. Almost every day I used to see him, walking with the ayah, to his school and for an evening walk. But when this child, was left alone with his parents, at night. He felt lonely and couldn’t communicate.  No matter, how he tried his best to capture their attention, he failed miserably. Slowly, he then engaged himself in delinquent activities.
When I turned 21, one day I saw a little girl , with her maid , in the park. They were enjoying a great time together. The maid frantically showed her a butterfly. She told in Bengali “dekho dekho, ekta projapoti”, but there was no response. The child was blank and couldn’t associate, with the Bengali term.  I was actually shocked to see that, because she was not being able to identify, her mother-tongue.
So, when someone reads the above stories, it can be analyzed that these children are suffering problems, arising from broken homes, loneliness, and neglect.

This is a result , due to the emergence of nuclear family Then they become delinquents, arrogant, self-centered and suffer from learning disabilities and identity crisis.  Therefore, those who are young and will be parents , at sometime and those who are already parents , should create a balance between a professional and personal life.. The child’s personality development starts from the family, where he/she is being nurtured, taught values and the meaning of love and belongingness.  Today, our children are the investment of future, for the development of mature  citizens , they require their family’s support .
.

No comments:

Post a Comment